Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Bible Bash Week
The past week Elder Brown and I have been in two bible bashes with the same person. We meet him tracting and when we found him we thought he was solid. He had a Book of Mormon already and had a couple of questions that could be answered thought the lesson 1 which is the restoration. We were so excited to go there teach him because he seemed so solid.  But that quickly changed.  We got there and only into the 2nd principle he started to bible bash.... I know a little in the bible but not enough to bash. We ended up staying there for 3 hours and were late an hour to check into our apartments at night. Then during our studies the very next day he called us to apologize and invite us to dinner and the actually have a chance to share our message. We went back and he is a really cool guy and sweet family. we then started our lesson and we actually listened and we got through the lesson and that was probably the most heart-felt lesson I've had on my mission. But then went into bible bashing again....  again it was 2 hours. But at the end of that lesson he said I would love to come to church and he was at church too. Man this guys confuses me??? Next time we are going to have Brother Hawkins (2nd counselor in bishopric) come with us cause he is really smart in the bible. I hate bible bashes but i have learned so much from studying for them. 
I also went on exchange with my District leader, Elder Yourgason, this week and that was great. I look up to him and respect him a lot!  It was good because he has shown me how much I have grown in 4 months. he  told me, "I went from being quite but very positive to a trainer and showing so much love, encouragement, and want the best for all of our investigators." That means a lot coming from him.  He goes home after this transfer and I'm going to miss his guidance. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment