Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

This week has been really good and some pretty cool events happened!
First: We have been working with Brother and Sister Matheny and they are less active. They she cant go to church because she is bed-ridden and he hasn't been going because she cant. Well we had the bishop come out with us and talk to them about the sacrament and they haven't received the sacrament for over ten years. so the bishop interviewed him to see if he was worthy to pass the sacrament to her. And he is!!! so we went over there on Sunday and helped him and made sure everything was done properly and they both were crying and it  was just a great feeling to so that done and what it means for them. Brother Matheny has promised the bishop that he would come to church every other week too! And the Bishop has a goal for them to get to the temple within 2 years. It will be a challenge with her weight but I know they can make it. 
Second: there was a baptism for the Sisters in our ward on Saturday. That was great but the cool thing was I got to help and see the changes they made in their life. They were first in the Copperas cove 1st ward and the Elders were teaching them and I got to go on an exchange and teach them. They are a great family!! Then they move across the street and moved into the Copperas Cove 2nd ward and now I get to see them every Sunday and help them out when needed. 
Third: Everyone knows I love the Ice-cream down here and how much I love my hair. Well we are working with a family that has a hard time quitting smoking drinking. i have made a commitment with them that if they stop smoking I will stop eating ice-cream...... but every time they smoke and break the commitment I get to break it and have ice-cream for the day. And if they can stop drinking for a whole month I will buzz my head... I hope they can do it!!! Those are the sacrifices that I make for my investigators and families here. They are all great and I love all of them!!!

What are holidays on your mission?? For new years we were in bed and asleep by 10:30 and on new years day i was up at 3:30 to get ready to go to Fort Worth for a meeting. So I don't know what holidays are anymore haha I thought I would like the new set up and time change cause it would be more like back home but I don't. There is less people there at church because of it. 

Love Elder Winterbottom

 hey P!!
How was New Years?? Dang, That game looks so cool!!! Landen has no life if he beat it in 3 hours haha Ghost was my favorite guy in call of duty. My new years I was asleep by 10:30 haha How do you like the new church scheduled? I know my ravens didnt make it... I have people that keep me updated on my teams and all the sports. Who do you want to win the supper bowl? could you have mom send a picture of me with my long hair and then maybe one with it pulled back?

No comments:

Post a Comment