Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Conference Week
What a great week to hear from the Prophet and Apostles! I love hearing the testimonies and the witness of Jesus Christ!  The most important thing I understood about General Conference was that conference means nothing if we don't act and let it change us. These sessions our for our own benefit and learning. But again we have to let us change us. Everyone is not perfect and there are plenty of opportunists to change and become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.  The road to Discipleship will be hard! In order to be a disciple we have to walk the road Christ walked and we all know that that was not an easy thing to do! It will be hard, it will be painful, it will be an enduring challenge but it will be well worth it! We have a quot in the apartment that says "I never said it would be easy... I only said it would be worth it."  I also learned a lot about the Priesthood in the Priesthood session and how I can strengthen my authority. I so thankful for the opportunity to serve in the name of Jesus Christ, to proclaim repentance to all and everyone, to bring forth the blessings of heaven and share them with others. I know that I must be equally yoked with Christ. I strive to be obedient to the commandment and covenants I have made and I know in the end we will be exalted on high. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that Christ is the way and through him we are saved. Christ is my Savoir, my brother and my friend. A true friend will lay down his life for another (John 15:13) I am so grateful for him and his atonement! I know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ!

Love
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Bowman
Serving In Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment