Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27, 2014

 

 
What a great transfer
#6 down

Transfer calls where this past week and bowman got a call last Tuesday for a leadership call. God wants him to serve more missionaries and has given him the opportunity to be a zone leader. It has been a great transfer with Elder Bowman. I really have learned so much from him and his great example. He has influenced me and played a huge role in my life. He has taught me being humble to the Lord and losing my pride and I know I struggle with that...  Nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (Luke 22:42) That is the attitude we should always strive to have. He is very knowledgeable in the scriptures and has taught me so much and taught me that I need to know the scriptures before I can teach. D&C 11:21 I cant tell you enough the influence Elder Bowman has played in my missionary progression! He has made me seek to be a better missionary and a better person. I thank him and pray for him with the new experiences he will have.
My transfer call is.... I'm staying in Hurst and my new companion will be Elder Arguile. The only thing I know about him is that he just got done being trained so I will be follow training. I will have more information about him next week. I am excited for this next transfer. I am so blessed to be in this area and to learn from another person.
Billy's baptism went really well!! I was able to baptize him and I was my privilege to do so. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it because we were running really late on time at the baptism but I will make sure to get a picture of him before I leave this area. Elder Bowman gave him the holy Ghost on Sunday and he was so excited for that. I pray for him while he starts his journey on discipleship. It will be hard but that's the price we all have to walk if we want to follow Christ. 2 Nephi 31 comes to mind as we talk about the path of Christ. It is also his gospel and what a blessing to be able to see the example of faith, repentance, baptism and confirmation, and enduring to the end.
This is my pray, that we can all following Christ and doing what he has done. I pray that y'all will study, pond, and apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in our life. The talk "your four minutes" comes to mind and so does the scripture Alma 34:32. What are you doing to prepare to meet God? How are you preforming in this life?  The Gospel is the key! Christ is the way! Pray, study, and apply it and help others to do their best in following this. I thank y'all for keeping me in your prays and I pray for you.
Love,
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Bowman
Serving in Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard 










No comments:

Post a Comment