Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Elder Argyle is my new companion and he is from Sacramento Californian. He has only been out three months and is a great missionary. He is very clam when he talks and has made connections with people I never thought were possible. He is also a visa waver, his actual call is to Kenya. I'm glad I got to sever with him. He is a great kid and I know this transfer will be great.
This week there have been lots of miracles that have happened. The first day with Elder Argyle we got a call from the Zone leaders and they gave us the privilege to give a blessing to a  member that was struggling. Before we gave him the blessing we talked about why we have challenges (D&C 29: 39), obedience brings blessing (D&C 130: 20-21), and we have to act on our faith before we see the blessings (Ether 12:6).  The cool thing was, is that's what I studied that morning and now I know why I was influenced to look at those topics. The spirit of revelation is great. Then after that we went to a guy that we had been trying to visit for a while and no answer. We had finally got a hold of him and before we left he said he wants to be baptized and that he knows that he needs to. He also said that when we were talking to him that it was the most clam he had ever felt and really likes talking to us. Elder Argyle and him are from the same place so they made a connection very fast. I know that where we are called to serve and who we serve with is from God. We also taught six lesson on Sunday and one of those lessons was on the phone. It was one of the coolest experiences that I have had on my mission. Sunday night we were in our apartment and waiting for the district leader to call for numbers and I had this feeling to call this number. I had never called it and had no idea who it was but i did it. This lady answered and we started to talk and she had been having a really hard time living in Huston and is going to move to new york for a new start . Then I asked her what she thought was the purpose in life was. She broke down and started to cry and said she had no idea and she really wants to know. So we talked a little bit more and then asked if  I could send missionaries to her when she moves to new york and she said yea and would love that. It was a great experience to have!! One little question can change peoples life.
This is going to be a great transfer. Obedience and faith brings blessing and miracles (Moroni 7:36-37) That is my testimony and I know with all my heart to be true. The principle I've learned the most about is obedience and I will show my love and faith in God by keeping and doing his will.
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Argyle
Serving in Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment