Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Be Thou Humble
Last week was so great and Elder Argyle and I became a prideful of ourselves and our area and this week God had something to say to that. This week was honestly the hardest week on my mission! I knew that this is God's work and His glory but I really witnessed that first hand this week. We were talking about how good the week was going to be because of past weeks and we were comparing ourselves to others and became very prideful. Alma 31:25 Yea, and he also saw that their hearts were lifted up unto great boasting, in their pride. And God saw that!! The reason it was so hard was because we had EVERY appointment canceled on us Tuesday and Friday and I had no idea what to do. I felt like I was wasting the Lords time. Proverbs 29:23 A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. At dinner I was frustrated, angry, and disappointed and the only thing that kept coming into my head was to pray for forgiveness.  So I was brought to my knees and and literally cried to the Lord asking for forgiveness and pray for the understanding for this trial. Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble. James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. I have received a his grace and I now know that this is HIS work and NOT mine. We cannot do anything with out him and it took me this week to fully understand it. It was hard week but the humble are teachable.
Love
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Argyle
Serving in Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment