"I thought I would never see one of these again!!! This was the Candy
that I got in England!!"
that I got in England!!"
This week I want to share with you my studies that I had. Last week
when I when on an exchange with Elder Hendricks he said something that
made me think of what I need to study to get me to the next point in
my progression as a missionary, as a better person, and as a disciple
of Jesus Christ. The thing that came to mind was my Ordinances and
the covenants that I have made and the blessing that follow has I keep
and honor them. Some of which and sacred to me and I apologize because
I'm not going to share everything.
My first thought was to look up 2 Nephi 28:30. For behold, thus saith
the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line,
precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed
are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my
counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I
will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from
them shall be taken away even that which they have. Now from here I
thought as I grow in the church and the gospel, I will continue to
grow, learn, and strengthen my faith and relationship with my father
in heaven: line upon line ,precepts upon precepts, here a little and
there a little. Making saving ordinances and making and keeping
covenants. Next thought was what are these ordinances and covenants?
Think about the ones you have made and what is your next ordinance
that you need.
Ordinances
Covenants
Baptism & Gift of the Holy Ghost
Take upon you the name of Christ (Mosiah 5:7-10)
Keep His Commandments
Serve Him to the end (Mosiah 18:8-9)
Priesthood (for men)
Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood (D&C 84:33-44)
Temple ordinances
Found in the temple
I pray you will study the blessings that have been granted to you and
recognize them in your life. But the greatest gift you will have
granted to you will be Exaltation, if you live worthy of it. We need
to keep all our covenants to receive exaltation. Endure to the End!!
Ordinances and covenants help us remember who we are and what we can
become. they remind us of our duty to God. Now the question I ask
myself and I pray they you will ponder and think about it too. Am I
(you) keeping and faithfully serving and keeping my covenants? If not
what are you doing to repent and change your life so that you are?
Repentance is a good thing because we are changing our view (worldly
view) to God's will.
Love,
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Harris-Coons
Serving in Flower Mound
| Preparing to draw the Plan of Salvation |
No comments:
Post a Comment