The area that I'm in is pretty dead with investigators and on one is
really looking for the gospel but I am seeing miracles happen
everyday! This past Saturday we were walking through a apartment
complex the lady flagged us down from her car and we started to talk.
She wanted to pass out pamphlets for us and she isn't even a member.
So we gave her a couple and asked if we could teach her about them.
She said yes so we taught her and she loved the message. Cool thing
was that we meet her Saturday, invited her to come to church, and she
came the next day and loved it and so did her eight year old daughter.
She is from Germany. Looks like I don't need to go out of the country
to teach all nationality of people. She has already told us that she
wants to be a member! Pray and simple going out to work even if you
feel like there is nothing to do, the Lord will bless you for it.
James 1:6 we read about how we are to petition God for answers to the
desires of our hearts. We are taught to, “ask in faith, nothing
wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with
the wind and tossed.” Perhaps there is a lesson in this scripture
teaching us how to invite those we serve. Let us ask in faith, nothing
wavering, for opportunity to share the message of the gospel and for
them to make commitments to the Lord. There is times where I feel like
I cant do anything more and I don't know what to do. I have found that
those are the times I need to rely on the Lord that most through pray
and simple going out and working. This Scripture really hit me this
week with how much faith we really need to put into pray. This is my
commitment for this week.
This week I was able to go on a exchange with Elder Hendricks. I can
honestly say that this exchange has changed my mission. He taught me
more about myself, who I am, what I represent and most importantly who
I can become. I felt like I had plateaued for a while now and we
simple just talked about what I needed to do to take the next step. He
referred me to the white handbook page 57 example. He had me read that
and we talked manly about repent and become more like the Savior and
keep covenants. This truly hit me!! He was the example that I needed.
I then got back from that exchange and prayed about what I need to be
doing and what I need to change. Since then I have found a big desired
to be the best example that the Savior wants me to be. I was so
grateful for Elder Hendricks and giving me that encouragement I needed
to the potters clay Jeremiah 18:1-6. Elder Hendricks might not ever
know what he has done for me but I will always be grateful for him.
Love
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Harris-Coons
Serving In Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard
AWESOME!
ReplyDelete