Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

The Lewisville Zone
 
Today we got a call for transfers and I get the opportunity to kill off (be his last companion before he goes home) Elder Vaoga. So I Have five more weeks with Elder Vaoga.  
 
This week we had answer two prayers that a member and one of our investigators said and it was a great experience to see the joy of the prayers be answered and be apart of it. The first one starts with an exchange I had with elder Gregory our Zone leader. We had about twenty minutes left of the night left before we need to go in for the night. On this exchange he  had been trying to work on trying to support members with their commitment we leave them. One of the ways he has been doing that was leaving notes with them. I thought this was a cool way to show how much we love the members and how much they help us out. Well I then took this into my area and used it with two of our members.  One Friday we had planned to do a finding activity but both Elder Vaoga and I had an impression that we needed to go and chalk the Spear family's sidewalk. So we followed the prompting and it was exactly what they needed. Sister Spear texted us about 2 hours after we finished and she said, "that morning she said a pray that she would be able to see the blessings and the love that our Father in Heaven has for her and she would be encouraged to keep pushing through what she is going through." When then meet with the family on Sunday, she started to cry because we were the answer to her prayer and that we are truly called of God. What an amazing blessing I have to be God's tool in this work!
The next experience was with (Marcie). When we were planning on teaching her we planned to talk about Alma 32:26-43. Well, when we got there (Jake) asked a question about the spirit world. So we over came that concern with scriptures in the Bible and The Book of Mormon. He still wasn't sure if that was what he believes but he were able to take that concern and tie it into what we had planned. We left with them the commitment to pray if that is true and how this would effect them if this was true. Skip to Sunday, (Marcie) came to church and told us that was exactly what they needed. They haven't prayed yet but she said she felt the spirit and love they preparation we put into lessons for them. I think they are afraid to find out if this is true because it would mean they would have to change and they are  comfortable where they are.
I love being able to see the effects of God working through us to do his work. The Mormon message, You Never Know, has really touched my heart this week because normally we don't see the good we do and sometimes we will never know what we do will effect others and President Gordon B. Hinckley puts it perfectly. I pray that I will continue to be the answer to prayers.
 
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Vaoga
Serving in Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard
 
P.S. forgive me because I have been out of school too long and I don't know how to spell "forget". The way I spelled it is the gangster in me ;)
 





No comments:

Post a Comment