As a missionary you are constantly praying and
reading scriptures and its a great thing but your tend to get into
habits and this start to become repetitious. This week I have fell into
that and started to do things half heartedly but I didn't realize this
unto Halloween night when I was able to reflect on the mission as a
whole. Elder Vaoga and I got into a deep talk that consisted of what we
have learned so far, what is the hardest thing has been for us, and
talked about how we are going to apply this so that we can become the
best Joshua that I can be. Being an Elder is great but it will come to
an end whether I like it or not. But being Joshua will be forever. And
that made me realize that if I want to be the best Joshua that I need to
be doing this with 100% of heart, whether it is spiritually or
temporally. Throughout this wonderful experience that has made me
realize the potential I have and what I can become, I have relied on the
Lord always but sometimes it has been greater then others. And that
reflection made me realize that I have been in a slump with being full
purpose of heart. I have felt several time throughout this week the
impression to pray randomly and I have shrugged them off because they
were random and I had no Idea why I needed to. But I now know why those
impressions came to mind. I was not in full purpose of heart with my
Father in Heaven and my Savior. These experiences have compelled me to
be humble and our Elder corm lesson was on one of the scriptures that
every missionary knows, Moroni 10:3-5,. He talked about the real intent
part a lot and then the letter our mission president sent a letter to us
that talked about that this week as well. I think I get the point that
my Father in Heaven is trying to get me to realize. I have also come to
realize the importance of goal setting and the goals I have set this
week all revolves around full purpose of heart and real intent.
I
love the many opportunities that you are able to see your Father in
Heaven prompt you to do things and then if doesn't work He will put
things in your way to make you learn. I know that Our farther in Heaven
is the true Gardener and this is His work and purpose. I know that He
loves us so very much and wants us to grow and become like him. And I
know that Christ is our Savoir and Advocate. I know that the Spirit is a
great gift for all of us and the blessing that come from having him
with us incredible.
Elder Winterbottom and Elder Vaoga
Serving in Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard
| Hakka Practice! |
No comments:
Post a Comment