Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

   This past week when we meet with the Zone Leaders and the first thing they talked about was Mormon 9: 9-13 and 15-20. This conversation brought the spirit because we were able to look back and ponder on the week we had. We were able to see the hand of God in our life and the miracles that He blessed us with. Then we were able to look for the miracles in the upcoming week. One of those experiences was late Friday night and we were trying to get in contact with Jess. And at this point we hadn't made any contact with her in over a month.. so we went over to her place and at first I saw lights on in her place and but I felt like we shouldn't knock. Elder Hassinger was really trying to get me to knock but I wasn't felling it. So we were walking to another investigator's house and has we were walking I got the impression to go back and knock. And at this Elder is mad at me for not knocking and now I had to swallow my pride and go and knock haha well we knocked and no one answered and I was thinking why did I have this impression that the Lord want us to go back for nothing. And has we started to walk way from he house she pulled up. Now that was a miracle because if we had knocked the first time we totally would have missed her and if I hadn't listened to the spirit we would have never known the out come. It was so great to talk to her again and she had told us that she has the managers spot at were she works and her hours are from 11 am to 9 pm. now we know why we haven't been able to get a hold of her. The Lord blesses us everyday! but we need to look for His hand in our life and then thank Him for those blessings and has you do that you will continue to feel the love that He has for us! I have defiantly felt it this week and I encourage you to do the same and see the miracles that come your way! 

   We also had this cool experience with a potential investigator we had this week. Her name is Liz. She first came in contact with a teacher that was out doing fast offerings. She asked if he was Mormon and then talked about how she knows a couple and they are really good people. She isn't looking to join but wanted to know more because she has heard some crazy stuff and just wants to know first hand. We have meet with her twice since that visit and she loves us! We were teaching the plan of salvation.  During the lesson she said this sounds so familiar but I don't think I've heard this anywhere. At that moment we referred her back to the very beginning of the lesson. and she said, "when you said that everyone on the earth knew this before coming here. I had a tingling feeling go through my whole body." We then pointed out that it was the spirit teaching and testifying that these thing are true. Then several times afterwards she would tell us whenever she felt those feelings. That lesson was 2 hours long because she asked so many genuine questions. That was a great lesson! At the end she said maybe I am closer to being Mormon then I thought. She is great! the only problem is her husband... He thinks she is wasting her time and thinks its stupid that she is meeting with us... We would have to over come that problem for baptism. I know that the Lord is Preparing people! The Lord's Work will move Forward.

Elder Winterbottom & Elder Hassinger
Serving In Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment