Sorry for the late email. We weren't able to email
on Monday because of Martin Luther King day and then on Tuesday we had
Zone Conference with President Ames.
Zone conference was
great and they always inspire and uplift me. President Ames purpose
and mission is to oversee us has missionaries and see that we build our
faith and grow in the gospel and there is no better way to do that then
applying the principles that we learn in the Book of Mormon, Bible, and
the gospel of Jesus Christ. President Ames says that He would go his
whole mission without a baptism if it means that all the missionaries
that he oversees remains active in the church. Can you feel the love and
pressure that comes from that saying. He wants us to live up to our
full potential. and the only way to do that is my applying what you
learn into your behavior and your nature. Joseph Smith even talks about
this principle in the introduction of the Book of Mormon. “I told the
brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on
earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts,
than by any other book.” I have been studying about being a
consecrated missionary and there are two talks about that, that I
absolutely love and that is Becoming a consecrated missionary by Tad R.
Callister and the four missionary by Unknown. but I have studied those
lately and There are thing that I need to change and can become better. I
love Zone Conferences because they make me reflect on myself and see
the change I have made and What I can improve on. One of the comments
that President Ames said was that you have the same title as prophets,
apostles, and the Seventy. They have chosen you to represent the Lord
now act as if we are companions with them. I love this mission and I
know that this is where I am suppose to be! Im in the area I'm suppose
to be in. I'm serving with the person I'm with. And I know that
President Ames is the Mission President I have been called to labor
with and I know he is call of God!
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Hassinger
Serving in Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard


No comments:
Post a Comment