Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 17, 2015



There are two things that I love see happen. The first is when investigators progress towards baptism and are baptized and then make progress towards the temple. The second is seeing missionaries make a change on their mission and see how the gospel help even us has missionaries become more Christ like. With that being said I had a great exchange with Elder Bird this week. His goal going into the exchange was to be sincere in his teaching. So prior to the exchange I asked if he would be able to set up a member present lesson, recent convert or less active lesson and a work of salvation lesson. He was able to do that and we had great experiences with all of them. Going into each of those lesson we talked about the PCD (P=purpose for who we are working with, C=commitment we will leave with them, and D=doctrine we will teach) of each of them and I had Elder Bird think a little bit deeper on the PCD's. I'll give you an example of a PCD he had: P- baptism C- CPR and baptism invite D- L3. I then brought to his attention that his doctrine wasn't doctrine that it was a lesson. We then talked about how he can make it personal and tailor it to the person. This is how we worked on his goal. We talked about how he feels like he's teaching has gone down from the beginning of his mission. We both came to the conclusion that we feel like we are teaching lesson not people when it needs to be other way around. I invited him to think of the baptism question when planning out PCD's for people. From this experience I was able to see how much he loves his investigators and how person we can get with them. It was a great exchange and learned a lot and had great conversation. I Love Elder Bird, he is a great missionary. 

On Wednesday we had interview with president Ames. He did something differ this time for interviews. In the past 4 to 6 months more then 80% of the mission has changed mission housing. So president wanted to get a feel of where everyone is living. So he had us go with him to all the apartments in the zone. It was awesome! Got to spend a whole day with president Ames. While he was interviewing the one missionary the other we were able to give a little bit of training to. It was an awesome experience and president Ames is amazing! Love him to death! He is a great example to us as a mission. Elder Fowles and I really got to be on a person level with him.

Elder Winterbottom & Elder Fowles 
Serving in Killeen 
The Lord's vineyard 
 
Nothing special for my birthday just felt like another day on the
mission. Holidays and birthdays on your mission don't exists.

We helped a senior missionary couple move. Elder Fowles had to sit on
top of all kinds of stuff and hold on to mattress so they would fly
out while we were driving. It was a long trip for him!

Exchange with Elder bird! Doing work in Gatesville! Love this kid and
he is a great missionary.
Fort Hood Military Base


Check out this sweet rash I get in the mornings. It's from my
exercise, heat and the humidity that causes it. It's perfectly fine
and no need to worry. Sister Ames contacted the mission doctor and he
told me to take 10 mg of zertec ( I think that how you spell it) in
the morning and night. It goes away during the day.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment