I forgot to
share with you an amazing miracle that happened my last Monday in
Arlington. There is this member in the Ward that is a convert of 5 years
now. The missionaries that were teaching him when he joined the church
had a hard time getting permission from his wife for him to be baptized.
They finally got permission and he was baptized. He knew the
responsibility and role he had as a member. He would go out with the
missionaries once a week, Attended the temple every month, and would
fulfill his priesthood duties. But him doing all of this and being gone
all the time his wife didn't like it so she then said it either me or
the church. Which would have been a hard choice for any member of the
church. I would not have wanted that question ever to come up in my
life. So he gave up the blessings of the church and continued to have
the blessing of a family. But to this day he still has one of the
strongest testimonies I have ever heard. He doesn't attend church often
but when he does he brings his little girls who are old enough to be
baptized. And the little girls want to be baptized and they have even
said they want to in lessons but the mom tries to persuade them not to.
Well the whole Ward knows this family and loves them to death! And they
know we were trying to work with them and would ask us all the time how
they were progressing. There was a Ward council that the auxiliary
leaders decided to do a fast that her heart would be softened. We all
picked a day and fasted. We weren't able to see that family for a while
because of work and vacation. But we were able to teach them my last
week there and that's when the miracle happened. The mom sat in on the
lesson for the first time since I had been there. We were able to talk
to her and she was teaching her girls about Christ and his role in her
life. It was truly amazing. Then the husband texted us the next day and
he told us thank you and explained that she has never sat in on the
lessons ever since he has been a member and that's been 5 years. He was
so happy and thanked us for bringing the spirit into his home. I know it
was the fast that softened her heart! I know fasting doesn't take away
people's agency but Fasting may help you and those you love receive
personal revelation and become converted to the truth! I know this to be
true and I love that family! I hope and pray one day they will grow
together as a family in the gospel.
This
week has been good. We were able to have a baptism on Tuesday that came
out of no where and that made things super stressful. Trying to get
everything set up in 4 days is hard and I learned two things from that
experience. One is to plan ahead. We really couldn't do that with this
baptism but all the other ones that I have been a part of with programs
and setting everything up goes a lot smoother with plans. The second one
is that just be patient and follow the Lord's timing and everything
will work out.
Elder Winterbottom





No comments:
Post a Comment