Excerpts from Elder Winterbottom's letter to his family...
Dear Family,
I'm in a little town but huge area called Lampasas. It has lots of little towns and to get to all of them take like an hour drive. From the mission home it takes three hours to get to Lampasas. It's the farthest south you can go in the mission. The area just opened up and there are only three members in the whole city of Lampasas. So member support is bad but it just means there are lots of people to teach. It's kind of like down town Ogden but with more trees and it even has deer of the out sides. It's a pretty cool place.
My companion's name is Elder Toolson. He was a starter (for Lone Peak HS) that won the National Championship! Crazy right? I really like him! We are a lot a like. He has only been out for three months longer than I have and now he is a trainer. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from him.
Since my area just opened up 3 months ago and we really don't have any solid investigators we do a lot of tracting. But the investigators we do have I love them to death! I just love talking to them and seeing their growth already.
There was one day here that it rained all night and into the day. Didn't stop at all and I thought that the pool outside our apartment was going to over flow! That's the most rain I've ever seen at once. There were puddles in the streets, and Toolson would run through them with the car.
I love y'all. (That was me being a cowboy.)
Love,
Elder Winterbottom
No comments:
Post a Comment