Monday, September 30, 2013

Septmber 30, 2013

Hey mom and family!
 
      Sorry if my letters are short. It's crazy how fast P-days go by! I have so much to do in so little time! Last week P -day was my most stressful day.. No joke. You would think its a relax day but it hard cause you have to do so much that day.
 
      Every week is differnet because some days what you have planned don't go as planned (most of the time) and then some days your appointments actully happen. This week we focused on less active members. I meet this family called the Shore family. Sam the farther is in his 70s and so is his wife. But i learned that he loves everyone!! He told us his life story about him and his wife. They use to be temple workers and then moved away to where there was no church. So they ended up falling away. Then they moved to Lampasas and his wife then had a stroke. now she doesnt speak very well and doesnt feel comferble going to the church because her speach problem and they are so much oleder then everyone else. so now they go to a Baptist church. But before we left he bore his testimoney to us and told use that we are making the best descion for our lifes. He told us that his heart still belongs to the church and knows its true. Then he asked if he would pay with us, so he said the prayer and then as we were leaving he gave us ice cream and gave us 25 dollars each. and said if we need anything that he will be there for us. This guy loves everyone!! he loves and cares for his wife so much that he would give up his salvation just for he to feel comfterble. He loves us and would go out of his way just to help us. When we left his house I started to cry and changed my out look on how to show love to everyone. When i get older I want to be like him. I describe how much love he has!!!
 
     We have been meeting with this girl named Christy and she went to the women's confernce saturday and she loved it! I love going to this girl because she is so ready and really pays attion to us. She is still learning and doesn't to make the baptism step yet but she is so close! i just love going to her house.
 
     I'm not starving its just im eating the same food over and over and its getting old. We normaly dont ride our bikes but we do when we go tracting. the area is so big that we are allowed 1,400 miles per month. Its just starting to cool down and right now its get to like the low 90s and the humidity isn't bad until it rains and when it rains it down pours! The storms here are so cool to watch! The lighting just lights up the skys. I only got to meet with my mission President the first day but that was good. I really dont know how they are since it was only one day. Tell Landen that i didnt get it.... I'm in a specific ward Coppers cove 2nd ward and i have to drive 30 minutes to get there. Everyone there is in the army. A lot of people in or by fort hood. Down in lampasas we are still tracting a lot but starting to get member support from coppers cove.
 
     I love it here!! the work is hard but its suppose to be hard! I know im suppose to be here and I just love Everyone i talk to! I am constantly smileing and I come home with my Face hurting sometimes. This is the happest I've been in a long time!! I'm so glad i made this descion to serve! My love for this gosple grows everyday and my scriptures are becoming very colorful because I am learning something new everyday! I can't tell you enough how great the people here are!!!
 
    What did you learn going to confernce? I so excited about confernce!! Elder Toolson and I just wish it was here already! Tell landen to take notes cause its so important!!
 
   Love,
       Elder Winterbottom

No comments:

Post a Comment