Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013


This week I did an exchange with the missionaries in Copperas Cove. I went to Copperas Cove with Elder Yorgason (district leader) and Toolson had Cloward (in my district in the MTC) in Lampasas. Its a neat experience because you get to see other areas and see how other Elders teach. Its kind of like a sleep over with a friend. I stayed the night and the went out and did mission work the next day and then exchange back to old companions the next night. Yorgason is really good at teaching, tracting, and is supper cool! He only has 3 more months left. We are going to be doing another one this week where I'm with Cloward and I'll be the senior companion. 2 greenies together so we'll see how that goes.

Christy still doesn't have a baptism date but she is getting close. She is getting married next week so that complicates thing but she still meets with a lot. I think that the only thing holding her back is that she wants to read all of the book of Mormon first before she gets baptized to know that it is true. but good news is that she is almost done with it. she stated to read it a month in a half ago and she is in 3rd Nephi. She is further then me.  

We picked up a new investigator and his name is Josh. When we first meet him we were on our way to an appointment and he was outside drinking and smoking weed. I thought to myself this is going to be hard and i don't know how he is going to change. But in the last week we have meet with him 3 times and he love us coming over.  he tells us all the time he cuts down on smoking and drinking everyday. He last time we meet with him we didn't even teach a lesson we just answered his questions and it took two hours just doing that. He has had a hard time in life and i mean hard. he pretty much told us his whole life and I cant think of anyone worse off then he as been. He tells us that we are one of his closest friends. He has said that he would come to church next week. Great guy and is changing is life dramatically!!

The weather here is like 70's and sometimes low 60's and that's cold for me. I couldn't take it back home! I would be wearing 2 coats if i were there. It has rained a lot here in the past week and I love it cause its warm rain.  The ice cream is so good. There are so many different flavors and i don't have a favorite yet cause there is so many. I don't know how to send some home with out it getting everywhere. The tops of the containers aren't every sturdy.
 Blue Tie Day with District


MTC Zone party at my dorm

 MTC Zone at the Temple

 MTC Companion


 District with Bro. Corbett

 Bro. Miller

 Bro Corbett Boss. He kissed my forehead. I love that guy.


 Blue Bell Ice Cream


 Soon to be fat from ice cream


Toolson and I

No comments:

Post a Comment