New City, new ward, new people and new companion. I'm serving with
Elder Bowman. I'm serving as the District monkey. That's what they call
the companion serving with the district leader is called because they
are learning about the roles they have to carry out. Elder Bowman is a
great missionary and I have already learned so much from him!! He is
from Syracuse Utah. He has been out on his mission for about 13 months.
He has had 2 Tongan companions so he knows a lot and he is teaching me. I
am starting to say little phrases and we even have a couple of Tongan
families in the ward. So we try and speak it as much as possible. Malo leilea (Hello) Fefe hake (how are you) Sai pia (good/fine) Malo Aupito (thank you very much)
The city is so much bigger then Lampasas. I get lost very easily
here. Oh and another thing.... I hate riding bikes haha My butt hurts
all the time and my legs are sore already. Every time I get off my bike I
feel like my legs are jelly. But there is a positive about biking
because people see us and I've had 2 people pull over already to talk to
us and my legs are going to get big. The ward here is good and we have
exchanges every night. The members really get involved in the work of
Salvation. I'm ready to help the work grown here and I know that I have
been sent here for a reason. Hurrah for Israel!!
Love
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Bowman
Serving In Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard
Sounds like he is doing GREAT! It is awesome that he is learning Tonga!
ReplyDelete