Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18, 2014




Temple refresher
We went to the Temple!! It felt so great to be in the house of the Lord and just being able to sit and ponder questions that I had. The feeling that you get there is the best feeling and I wish I could go there more often. It was a great experience being able to go and doing work for the dead know that the temple is a huge blessing for our own personal salvation and for the dead. There are so many opportunities to temple work and I pray that you will go and take advantage of these opportunities and blessings. I it a huge blessing for all who go!! I know that this is the true Church and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this gospel. Now I'm back to doing work for the living and bring souls to our Heavenly Father.

This week we did some service and that was fun because it’s a break from missionary work and you get to relax a little. I had 3 little kids help me rake leaves and put them in bags and then Elder Bowman and I went on the roof of the house and cut tree branches down and lots of them. This week is a lot of service for us. We have some more service planned for Thursday and Saturday. The past week we had Zone training and it was all about member missionary work. I know that members a very important to this work. Like President Hinckley said, "every member a missionary" and i know that to be true. Members are the most important part in retaining converts. Missionaries come and go but members stay. Members are even the best way to find investigators. A member’s testimony to a friend is a ton strong then a missionary contact. Get Involved In The Work Of Salvation.

We also had interviews with President Ames. I love talking to President Ames. After interviews we also President come on an exchange with us. That was an amazing experience!!! The perks of being a companion to the district leader. We went to two lessons with President and afterward President told us that we were a power house companionship. We work together and really feel the needs of our investigators. We also follow the spirit and he said that he knows through revelation that we are suppose to be together for this transfer. I loved that night with President Ames!! Hurrah for Israel

Love
Elder Winterbottom & Bowman
Serving in Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment