Mission life is always fantastic!
This week I was assigned to speak in sacrament on being a loyal
servant. It was really good and what a great opportunity I had to
speak to the ward on how we all are servants of the Lord and need to
magnify our calling as church members. It was a wonderful opportunity
to realize the magnitude that we all have as members and what role we
play in hastening the work. I forgot how much I love preparing and
giving talks. I realized from giving the talks that's its more for the
person speaking then for the people listening.
The biggest eye opener for me was the parable of the talents. When I first read this I
thought what a harsh judgement for a servant who tried to keep that one
talent. But I realized that the Lord expects a difference in our
callings and service. We will all have to stand before God and give an
accounting of our service. Have we been faithful and loyal servants?
The scriptures references I used: John 14:15 and 23, John 21:15-17,
Matthew 22: 36-40, and the parables of the talents Matthew 25:14-30
hymn #223 Have I done any good? and Mosiah 2:17
We also had 3 investigators attend this week as well! We also went to
President Ames's fireside he does every month to strengthen the recent
converts and less active members. It was really cool because he
focused on the questions of the soul and answered them. He truly cares
about all our investigators and members of the church. We had a less
active go to that and he loved it. They are always uplifting and very
spiritual.
The heat is finally here! I officially have to go home at lunch or
dinner and change my clothing and I am still working on my sweet
missionary tan...
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Argyle
Serving in Hurst
The Lord's Vineyard
No comments:
Post a Comment