HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
I want to first start off with happy Birthday mom!!!
The best example with mothers in the scriptures deals with the 2000
stripling soldiers. they give an accounting on how important their
mothers were to them in growing them up properly and the role the
played in their life. Alma 56:48, 57:21
and I want to add my testimony to theirs. I would not be the person I
am today without my mother and her guidance she has given me in the
gospel. Thanks mom and I love you. Have a great rest of the day!!
Every area I have served in has been different in the way missionaries
are to serve. Lampasas was strictly finding because of how new the
area was. Hurst we were teaching all the time because our teaching
pool was so large and I was so blessed to be apart of that amazing
harvest. Now I am in Flower Mound and the work that is going on here
is mainly getting less actives back involved with the church. I can
now say that I have been apart of every form of missionary work. I
pray that I may be able to do my part in this work and even be able to
find people to teach. Its hard to find people to teach cause has you
know we are in the bible belt and it seems like everyone already has a
church they go to and they don't want anything else. Plus it is a
wealth area so the people feel like they already have everything and
don't need anything more. don't get me wrong this is a great area and
the members here are very nice. Just from them past 4-5 days I can
tell that I will be really close to the ward and the members here. The
bishopric have encourage the whole ward to read "The Power of Everyday
Missionaries: The What and How of Sharing the Gospel." We have also
got permission from president Ames to read it as well that why we can
talk to the members about it. The Bishopric is trying to increase the
missionary efforts in the ward and I pray that this book will inspired
them to do so. An on top of my reading that I invited y'all to do (The
Book of Mormon), I invite you to read that book as well.
My new companion is Elder Harris-coons and he is from Tulsa Arizona.
He has been out for 18 months and knows his way around this area.
There is never a dull moment with him. I am always laughing and I go
to bed with my stomach hurting because I've been laughing all day. By
the end of this transfer I will have the ripest abs ever because I'm
always laughing. He is a great missionary. Living with members is very
weird and I'm not to sure if I like that but I need to stay positive
with the blessing that I have.
Love
Elder Winterbottom & Harris-coons
Serving In Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard
No comments:
Post a Comment