Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014


I'm doing great and always happy the mission is great and I could ask for a better place to be. I wouldn't ever worry about the tornado warnings. I have never heard the sirens go off for a tornado. they have gone off for test but that's it. I think the people out side of Texas are more worried about tornados then the people in Texas.  Elder Vaoga and I are getting along great and he is going to teach me the Hakka. We are really moving the work forward here. When I first got to the area we had no progressing investigators and the past 3 week we have doubled our teaching pool and the members are starting to get involved with missionary work. Its a slow process  but its progress. we had a stake conference the following week after general conference and the stake has asked that the members set a date that they will invite someone into their home to take the missionary discussions. we as missionaries are going into the homes and now following up with the invitation the stake president has given everyone.  We are still good with one of the baptism dates (the little girl) but the mom will not be able to be baptized due to some things but she is excited for her little girl. We are supper excited for this Saturday!
 
This week we had Elder Cardon came and talk with us. He explained the Abrahamic covenant and how we as missionaries are fulfilling the convent that God made with him. Its was a crazy scripture chase and a mind blowing experience. He also talked to us about inviting/telling the person who presides to say the closing pray of our first visits. He role played on how it should go and not even allowing them to get out of not saying the pray. he talked to us on the importance of this one moment and what it can do for their family. then at the end he got up, looked at us, pointed and said, "DONT EVER say, Who would you like to give the prayer. They are going to say the prayer." It was a crazy and bold experience. I was also able to finish President Ames challenge of reading the book of Mormon in 67 days. A spiritual moment that president Ames pointed out is that we read the Book of Mormon in the same about of time it took Joseph Smith to translate the golden plates. I have finished the Book three times since I've been out and Two of the books I need to send home to Parker and Landen. I will probably do that for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
 
Sorry this one is kind of short. Sorry I haven't really sent any pictures home. I have taken more videos with Elder Vaoga then pictures and the videos are to big to send through email.  
 
Love,
Elder Winterbottom

No comments:

Post a Comment