Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014


The week was sick!
The stake here doesn't do very many holiday stuff so one of the members in the ward decided to throw a Halloween party at her house. The whole week we would go over for about an hour/ hour in a half and set up for the party. We made a dance floor, all the decorations, and hung the lights. it was so much fun! I wish I would have got to take pictures of everyone who dressed up. The adults know how to dress up for Halloween!! Elder Vaoga also had his very first smore. Now he is hooked and wants them all the time now! I'm glad I could be apart of his first haha it was so funny to watch him try and make it. 
 


 
We also had a baptism for (Cali.) this is an eight year old girl of the German lady we are teaching. We were so excited for her! We had a joined baptism with a child of record so we didn't have to do anything for the program. I was also very impressed with Cali because she would answer all the questions and I mean all the questions the people would ask during the talks at the baptism. She would answer So of her answers were crazy and very funny but true for the most part haha The mom wasn't able to be baptized due to so issues with a commandment but it will be resolved in the near future :) but Cali is going to be a huge example and light for her family. We hope this motivates her mom to get baptized very soon!


 
We have been blessed to look back at the progress this area as made since I've been here and Elder Vaoga. The Baptism was able to have us reflect on what we have done and the faith, hope, and charity we have put into this area. We were talking about how much the members love us and how we have gained their trust. We get comments all the time that they are thankful for us and the hard work we do in trying to get the ward motivated in hastening the work of salvation. We are always trying to find new people to teach and the lessons we have are great! The next person we think that will be ready is a lady named (Marcie) the thing holding her back is her culture. she feels that if she were to become a Mormon that her ancestors in the IRA would disapprove of her. So we are going to have an honest conversation about the difference between culture and religion. Elder Vaoga is going to be doing a lot of that because of his culture back ground. We are going to try and tell her that her salvation is between her and the Lord not her and her family. We hope it will all work out well and keep us in your prayers.
 
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Vaoga
Serving in Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard
I'm getting pro at making cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment