Friday, April 3, 2015

April 2, 2015

The reason I didn't email on Monday was because something with mine and Elder Mansaray's email was wrong and wouldn't let us log in. By the way. Mansaray and I are getting along great! We both work really well and are on the same page as we teach. Its great and I'm thankful that we are. I know I'm going to be with great missionaries as long as I'm in this position. He is from Virgina. he has been out a little over a year.

The past week I have had a lot of time to think about the Easter season. It has hit me pretty hard this past week of what the Savior has done for me. Just being able to read what he did leading up to His resurrection is amazing and I'm grateful for all that he has done for me! The last week of Jesus Christ’s life changed the world forever. The Easter week on lds.org is great and I encourage you to check it out and search the scriptures that happened during the Easter Week. Each day can help us better understand His miraculous mission. This week was for Me, you and all of us. #becausehelives 
This week I was able to be on an exchange with Elder Brinkerhoff. When we called a week in advance he said he wants to get better at his contacting and tracting and my goal was to see how far I could push invitations so I could find the balance of invitations. So with our goals we I had planned for us to visit a lot of potentials and knock on door around their area. At first things we super rough and nothing was going as planned. I was getting frustrated and it was hard not to show it. But Elder Brinkerhoff had a good attitude and showed me to have fun when facing opposition in all things. In the morning it was rough and things weren't working out but in the after noon things got better and blessing and miracles started to happen. While we were knocking on one street we placed three copies of the Book of Mormon, and one of those copies we placed we were able to teach a little bit of the restoration. The guys name was David and when he first answered the door he said that he didn't have any time because he was going to a doctors appointment. We asked if there would be a time that we would be able to come back and share with him the Book of Mormon and the blessing that come. When we motioned that he said he has had great examples in his life that Mormon. I then asked him how they effected his life and he went off about how they are great people and so forth. At that point he allowed us to share with him why we think we are good people and why we are happy and I shared with him Mosiah 2:41. Then he said I love Mormons and all that they do but I don't think its for me. Then said a prayer with him and he started to cry. I know he felt the spirit and it effected him! That was a miracle!
Throughout the day we taught a total of 3 lesson just by knocking on doors and placed five copies of the Book of Mormon passed out 17 because he lives cards and got 4 return dates.
The biggest Miracle of the exchange was when we knocked into this lady named Holly. When we first saw her she told us about her concerns in her life that she has. She doesn't feel like God truly cares for her and that she has made mistakes in the past and feels that she cant be forgiven. I talked about how Christ came to this Earth for us and that this Easter season is for us. Then talked about two stories where Christ forgives, the Women caught in adultery and the forgiving the sin and healing the man with palsy. we bore testimony and the spirit was strong. We then asked if we could say a prayer with her and after she was crying and asked if we could come back the next day. So we set up that time and then left.
I believe that we faced opposition in the morning so that we could experience and know how blessed we were thought the rest of the day! I know that this is God's work and I know that the spirit is with us and that people will see us has disciples of Jesus Christ!
Before the exchange I was praying that we would be able to see miracles on our exchange and we did! In total we counted 27 miracles and blessing that happened that day!
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Mansaray
Serving in Arlington
The Lord's Vineyard


No comments:

Post a Comment