Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015


This is my talk from last week. Sorry it took until this week to get it to you. I have only done bulletin points so you will have to go by the spirit to get the full thing ;) 

The first day I was in this area we had dinner with the Gonzales family and they were studying the topic of one and being unified and I was intrigued by it so I studied it a bit. now I have to give a talk about it. I guess this is was happens when you make that know to Heavenly Father. But I still think Brother Gonzales should be standing next to me give a talk as well.

The Godhead is the perfect example of being one and being unified.
-examples: the first article of faith, accounts from the apostles, the nephites, and Joseph Smith all state that they are separate being.
- each play a distinct role 
- purpose is to have eternal life
-making them one in doctrine and purpose  
- perfectly unified in our farther in heavens plan

Think about this:
If our Father in Heavens plan is for us to have eternal life (Moses 1:39) How do we become one with that purpose? 
- I feel like the answer is found in D&C 11:20 
    * our work or our purpose is to keep his commandments.

I would like to expound on that with a modern day parable by Elder Randall L. Ridd  called the parable of the oranges. Here is the Link for it.

Now lets talk about the two? Both did what is boss had asked him to do. You could say that both keep his commandments. 
Its pretty obvious one went above and beyond. I would like to refer back to the scripture in D&C 11:20. It's not just keeping commandments, it's doing them with all your heart might mind and strength. this is how we become unified  and one with God. 
How can we be one with others around us?                                                                                        I like the scripture in Matthew 11:28-30                                                                                              - the yoke is a tool to help others become one and I feel that if we look for opportunities to serve others that is how we become one with others around us.                                                                 Be like Christ and lift others burdens around us
I feel like the yoke could be tied into husband and wife, mothers and fathers as well.                   Genesis 2:24                                                                                                                                      -Adam and Eve were one flesh because they were equally yoked. 
What does that yoke represent?                                                                                                        -I feel that the answer is found in this principle (D&C 25:13)                                                           - Covenants are key. How we honor them make keep them make us yoked.                                      
Bare testimony and end. 
The thing That I experienced this week was very cool and inspiring. I really never cared about until now is goal setting. I understood the importance of it but it really was never apart that I really worried about. Now with goals with the zone is very important because I truly feel accountable for them now. They are a huge motivation for me now. I know the goal we set as a zone can truly come true because we have names behind them. I now know how you feel with achieving 854 baptism this year and I feel like we can exceed that. We have talked a lot about what happens the first week of zone council and we see miracles happen because everyone is motivated, has the faith, and will go out and work for it. Then what... I don't know if we just stop seeing the vision or the diligence level falls but then the work slows up. Elder Mansaray and I were trying to figure out this week of how we can keep the motivation going even after zone conference so that we can exceed out April goal of 12. We have names and are going to hold people accountable. The goal will be remain always but our plan will change has the month moves on. 
I'm excited to be apart of this zone and to be apart of the 854 baptism. I am on board with it and I know we can do it if we have faith and hope that we can do it. It will also take effort in achieving it and seeing the vision and planting the flag and obtaining it.
Hurrah for Israel! 
Elder Winterbottom & Elder Mansaray                                                                                              Serving In Arlington     
Service on st. Patrick's day @ the Homeless shelter 

The Water Gardens. This Place is sweet it has different areas that you can go to. The quite pool, the mountain, active pool 
pics at the quite pool






Zone Picture
                                                                                                                     The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment