Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014

 
 
My new companion's name is Elder Hassinger and he is from Daytona Florida. He is a convert to the church of two years on the 23rd of this month. He has been out on the mission for four in a half months. He is a great kid and very obedient. We get along ok but I defiantly miss Elder Vaoga. 
So get this.This week I had a pair of sisters in my district get their car towed late Saturday night and they called me to find out what to do. Well I made phone calls and in the end the Zone leaders and I had to drive to the impound lot and get the car out. But the impound lot was in Dallas. Road Trip ;) haha I got to drive the car back to the sisters. That was the first time I have drove a car in over a year. It was so much fun and I miss it haha but by the time we dropped off the car to the sisters and got back to our apartment it was 12:30..... Then we had get up at 5 the next morning for a meeting at 6. It was a long day haha 
This week we went caroling in our area and it was so fun! But the moment of the night was when we went to one of our investigators. She loves the missionaries and has been meeting with them for a long time. One of the best moments she has with them was when the district came and painted her house. She said the feeling there was outstanding. Well as a district we went and sang Christmas carols to her and she started to cry! Then at church she Gave us a note saying thanks for all that we have done for her. She said that she hasn't felt the feeling that strong since the missionaries painted her house. and she said that it was perfect and she couldn't express how much joy we brought her. It was a great week for us!
I will be calling 3:30 our time so 2:30 Utah time. talk to you then :)

Elder Winterbottom & Elder Hassinger
Serving in Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment