Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014


    This week was really tough for me. We started off the week looking forward to the 13th and going to work really hard to get the investigators ready for their baptisms. We were going to use all our efforts to achieve this. We had scheduled exactly with them when we were going to meet with them and what lesson we were going to teach. But opposition kicked in and thought it needed to go another way. All the lessons we had planned had to be canceled due to them not being there, sickness and many other things and we weren't able to meet with any of them at all this week. So we had to cancel their interviews.... At one point during the week I broke down and felt like I couldn't down anything. These people were so close to changing their lives and I know how much following Christ can help them and bless. I truly wanted the best for them because I love each and everyone of them but I didn't know how to help them achieve their goal due to so many trials. The only person that is ready to be interviewed is Jess because she has already taken all the lessons with her daughter that was baptized. We have scheduled her interview today and that will be the deciding factor if she is baptized this Saturday. We will be resetting baptism dates this week. There are a lot other things that made this week tough for me but their is no need to share. But there was one thing that really helped me through my week and it came from my brother, my best friend, someone serving in El Salvador, Elder Leatherow. Elder Leatherow wont know how much good he has done for this week and the things he said really helped me keep pushing my way though this week. His letter was simple but it was exactly what I needed. He was an answer to my prayers and a cry for help. And I will always be grateful for him. The Mormon message "You never know" was Elder Leatherow for me this week. And I also know that the Refiners Fire is real. The greater our sorrow is the greater our capacity to feel joy.
    But on a positive note Jess could still be baptized this Saturday because she has already taken all the lessons with her daughter that was baptized. We have scheduled her interview today and that will be the deciding factor if she is baptized this Saturday. We will be resetting baptism dates this week. We also started to do caroling as a district this week and that was a lot of fun. being able to bring the Christmas spirit to people and see the joy it brings them is so great!
    I know that our Father in Heaven Loves each and everyone of us. He hears our prayers and will answer them when it will benefit you the most. Christ is always there for you and this week he was right beside me. I know Christ's atonement is really and everyone can accesses it at any time. It is there when you need comfort and joy. I know that this Gospel is true and that it is the key to happiness. I each and everyone of y'all and God does too. 

Elder Winterbottom & Elder Vaoga
Serving In Flower Mound
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment