Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015

 

 
This Week has been a week of lots a prayers and long nights just staying up and thinking about things. President called us at 10:30 last Monday night and told me that my time in Fort Worth is over and that the Lord needs me in Arlington. He told me that I need to ponder about the things that we had talked about and to pray and council with what the Lord would have me do. That night I stayed up until two just laying in bed thinking about what I was about to do and how I can best serve the Lord. The Lord has trusted me with lots of things but this is a big one. I am super bummed that I am leaving Fort Worth already!! I was only here for one Transfer. I feel like i just am starting to get the hang of this ward and now I'm off. It was a big surprise for both Elder McAninch and I. I love that kid and going to miss him. But what is funny is that Elder McAninch's last companion is now my companion. His name is Elder Mansuray. But I'll give you more information about him next week.

I am going to miss this area a ton and all the youth I am working with. We just set a baptism date with 9 of the boys and Gaspar and George just got the priesthood this Sunday. Their was also a boy who we had never seen who is 17 and said that he wants the missionaries to start teaching him. I have been bless to serve in this great area! It was so amazing to see Gaspar get the priesthood and be ordained to the office of priest and then was able to stand in for George's blessing. They are the sharpest boys I know! Cool thing about Jenevieve is that her daughter who lives up in Colorado has been meeting with the missionaries and has a baptism date for March 29th. Jenevieve has been a HUGE beacon for her family and there is wonderful thing happening with them. It is a huge testimony builder for me to see how strong and converted she is to the gospel even with a language barrier.She is one of the strongest converts I know. Every time we go over there to teach she has someone new from their family over and Jenevieve want them to hear the Gospel.
This ward is doing great in their missionary work. I will be keeping close tabs on this ward after I leave!
I know the Lord has a plan of all of us. And even though my time has been short here in Fort Worth, there have been so many people that have been a huge testimony builder for me and have really effected my life. I grateful for them time have have severed here in Fort Worth.
Elder Winterbottom & Elder McAninch
Serving in Fort Worth
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment