Winters in Texas are
crazy!!! Thanks to the wonderful weather that Texas has been having I
was able to see 4 seasons in less then 24 hours! And when winter hits
here no one knows how to do anything. The whole city of Fort Worth was
shut down and we got a call from the zone leaders telling us to stay in
our apartments until the roads and weather conditions clear up. We only
went out and preached the gospel for 2 days this week!! I was bored out
of my mind this week!! I was able to catch up on my Book of Mormon
reading, I wrote 3 sacrament talks just in case, held a weekly planning
for pretty much the whole month, watched the District videos, and the
Bible videos..... I was so ready to get out of our apartment.
The
weather was bad Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and cleared up Thursday and
started to get bad on Friday, Saturday was bad and then kind of cleared
up Sunday. Thanks to the weather, it made planning the baptism super
stressful!! In the end we had to cancelled it for Saturday because we
weren't going to put people's safety at risk. So we had to call a lot of
the members and tell them that we were going to do it Sunday instead.
Then Saturday night we got a call from our bishop telling us that church
was cancelled. But we had permission to take the sacrament within our
home. That was a cool experience. So no church Sunday but the baptism
was still on! When it was time for the baptism we had over 40 people
come and support and the weather cleared up. That was a miracle in
itself!! The family will be getting the Gift of the Holy Ghost next week
at church. Kabange couldn't get off work so we are going to be talking
to him this week and try and figure out when is the next time we can set
a baptism day with him. At the baptism, the grandmother gave the
closing pray in Swahili and you could just feel the spirit in how she
prayed and the love that she has for her Grandsons.
When I
was on an exchange with the 6th ward I was able to do my first
interview with someone who is preparing for baptism. The guy was super
nervous at first but as we talked the spirit was there. We were able to
share experiences on how the church has blessed us and miracles that we
have seen. It is such a great experience and the feelings were
indescribable. The love that people have to follow the Savior is amazing
and the opportunity that I had to see, hear, and feel them express that
love and their desire is incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment