Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015


Weathering opposition.
Last week trying to make Gaspar and George's baptism happen was super stressful because of the snow and ice. Well this week we dealt with daylight savings time... We went over Saturday evening to go and talk to them about the feelings they had at their baptism and talk about the Gift that they will be receiving at church the next day. They were super excited and so was I.  And we reminded them that the clocks would be fast forward an hour. Well church came around and no Gaspar George and the Grandmother at church.... Then they called us and said that their ride never picked them up.... We totally spaced to check up on their ride to see if he remembered it was day light savings time.... He felt so bad but picked them up as fast has he could. half way through the first talk they walk in and they look sad knowing that they wouldn't receive the holy Ghost... After that talk was over the bishop stood up and said we are missing on of the most important events this sacrament meeting. Then said could Gaspar and George come up. The smiles on their faces were priceless! I was able to bless Gaspar and Elder McAninch blessed George. Satan was working really hard for these boys not to join so they must have a bright future ahead of them!

This week I had the best study and the most fun doing it in preparation for a lesson. Now this lesson isn't your typical lesson because it was for a church meeting. The young mens Presidency is all medical students and this week is spring break for Texas. So they asked me in advance to teach a lesson for them because they would be out of town. I agreed and it was a great decision! I had fun studying it, teaching it and seeing the boys reactions as I taught them about what it means to repent. Come follow me is a great course for the youth and is great tool to use even as missionaries. I love this area because I get to work with the youth a. Most of the people we teach are youth. I think this is why I have been called to this area!
I'm also preparing to give a talk next week with a stake high council men.. That should be fun! Its about being one. One with God, One in unity, One in faith, and one in purpose. So those talks I have prepared last week aren't going to do me any good. I have grown to love speaking at church and teaching lessons. So I am excited to talk but nerves to speak with a high Council men. Wish me luck!
Elder Winterbottom & Elder McAninch
Serving in Fort Worth
The Lord's Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment