Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Cristy's Baptism.... It didn't happen because we had to get her husbands consent and her husband thinks that we are a cult and doesn't like the LDS religion... so it didn't happen. He said the only way she can be baptized is if he sees it and he is stationed in Hawaii :( Cristy was so sad and super depressed but then we went and talked to her and showed her that God has a plan for everything. And maybe that plan is for her to go there in two months be baptized and have her husband have a change of heart. I was sad that it didn't happen but I know she will be baptized! she got up in testimony meeting yesterday and bore her testimony that God has a plan for everyone and that she knows He loves her. She is amazing and is an example to me!! She so ready!! She has already told us that she will be going through the temple in Hawaii after a year of her baptism. Its so great because you can see that she has truly been converted.
Thanksgiving, well just say the holidays suck for many reasons. It sucks cause you miss your family and friends you get to be with on holidays. And then it sucks for mission work because no one wants to see you because they have family over. I don't blame them because I wouldn't want to talk to random people in white shirts and ties on a holiday. So all we did on thanksgiving was street contact. We walked all around Lampasas until we had dinner with a member family (Juan and Kelly) They made the best Turkey I have ever had!! the turkey was covered in bacon and was so juicy!! They also were watching football so we got to watch too haha then we played soccer with there eight year old boy who just got baptized. That's what happened on my Thanksgiving. 

Ya, I heard from Weston!! It was great talking to him. That sucks for him cause he was in a trio and those are weird. One missionary always gets left out.. My transfers are next week so I'll be telling you where Elder Toolson and i could be going or even staying. I hope i stay. I love this Lampasas!! The only thing i can think of right now is ties for Christmas. That's like the only thing i can change everyday haha.  What does the family want? Elder Toolson and I have a Christmas tree.  But its not a normal tree, its a strain of 20 lights haha Hope everything is good back home!! Miss y'all!!! that was the Texas accent in me :)

Love, 
    Elder Winterbottom
 My Thanksgiving fun.

 Decided to only flash lights one night.

 BACON COVERED TURKEY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment