Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013


Its Transfer week.
Normally you don't get a call until Monday morning telling you where you are going and who your new companion is. But Elder Toolson and I got a phone call from President Ames last Tuesday and he told us that we both need to go to a special training. That special training is for new missionary trainers and new district leaders. So if you can't tell already Elder Toolson is going to be a District leader in the Fort Worth 6th Ward and I will be training a new missionary in Lampasas. From the training we went to I learned that my new calling is to set a foundation for this new missionary and to set a foundation for the future of this mission. That's crazy to think that. The best way I can do that is to be the best example I can be. I must be a shepherd not a sheepherder. I must lead by example cause that is what he will learn from the most. So the past week I have been so nervous and trying to do everything I can to prepare myself for this new calling of mine. I don't know who my companion is until we meet each other for the first time when I go to pick him up. So that was the big new for this week.

The ice storms are different form the ones in Utah. When the temperature drops below 32 degrees the humidity freezes to everything and that's why we have ice storms. There was one day that we had to walk because President Ames called and said that no one can use the cars. That day the highest it got was 24. and the humidity suck when its could cause you can feel it freezing to your clothes. I'm doing good. I don't need anything. Thanks for the Christmas tree and yes we put the strain of lights on it haha Yes, I finally got your Ensign and I love it. I'm reading it for my person study and I'm high lighting a ton of it. 
Hope Everything is good back home!! Love you guys and miss you!

Love Elder Winterbottom
 This was the day right before it got into the 20's and 30's degrees. Bipolar temperature in Texas :(


No comments:

Post a Comment